Announcing Elixr 2.0 for iPhone and Elixr for Android
A great drink is more than a sensory experience and goes beyond chemistry. It relaxes or enlivens. It helps strike up new friendships or deepen old ones. It gives the joy of finding something new or the pleasure of connoisseurship. The right drink in the right place puts you in a moment like nothing else can.
Over the course of this year, we’ve created a community with Elixr to find those drinks, to locate those places, and to share those moments. Today, we have exciting news about the future of our community:
- Elixr 2.0 for iPhone, completely redesigned for iOS 7 and with numerous new features, is now available.
- Elixr for Android is also now available and we’re thrilled to welcome Android users.
- We’re also proud to have Tumblr Founder and CEO David Karp as an Elixr investor.
The main features of our apps:
- Check-in. Take a photo of your drink and edit it in creative ways. Tell us what you had and where. Rate the drink. Post it to your favorite social networks or keep it private.
- Interact. Find out what your friends are having. Make new connections based on drinks you love or where you are. Like and comment on drinks. Add interesting drinks to your favorite and to-do lists.
- Discover. Find the best drink venues nearby or around the world. See who’s making great cocktails and who has a tempting beer or wine list.
- Search. The quest for the best drinks and venues can be challenging. Search across all of Elixr to find exactly what you’re looking for.
New features include:
- An all-new design for iOS 7. We didn’t just update a few icons, we started over, thinking through every view and interaction to make sure Elixr was a first-class citizen on iPhone.
- Search. Find anything on Elixr, including drinks, venues, members and even your own past check-ins.
- Photoless check-ins. No time to line up a shot? Simply tap ‘Skip’ to quickly check-in without a photo.
- Refocused Nearby View. See a list of places nearby known for good or great drinks. Perfect for choosing a venue based on your (and your friends’) tastes.
- To-do list. Keep a running list of the drinks you’ve come across and have been meaning to try.
- Custom photo filtering. Not happy with the preset filters? Tweak your shot to your liking. Don’t worry, we’ll store your settings between sessions.
- Bartenders. Now you can claim who made your drink and give them credit. You can see a list of known bartenders at a venue, as well.
- Private check-ins. These check-ins go into your history but are visible only to you.
- Member notifications. Want to know every time a particular member posts? Get push notifications with the flip of a switch.
You can download the new Elixr apps for iPhone and Android.
To celebrate the artistry of great bartenders, we’re also launching the Elixr Discovery Series. It’s a glimpse into the minds of people making great drinks, starting in our hometown of Richmond, Virginia. You can see their stories and learn more about the new apps at elixrapp.com.
As always, we welcome your questions and thoughts about Elixr at email@example.com. And, we invite you to continue on a journey with us to Discover Great Drinks.